Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dad


Lately I have been thinking a lot about my dad... 
is name is Alfred..always loved that name...always loved him.

My Dad was a very hard worker from an early age and was working with is dad in the heating system industry before he started his own. He married my mom when he was 23 and she was 18. They have been married for 36 years. They raised two children..me and my brother, Eric , who work's for the family business. I was always the different one but my parents always supported my descisions.

I look a lot like my dad, long legs, no butt and a very shy personality. When I was a kid I used to snowplow the roads with my dad. He was working for the town and I would hear the phone at 4 in the morning and run to him and say "dad, can I come with you?" he would put me in the town truck and have me drive the side shovel of the snowplow...I can't tell you how many mail boxes I smashed...it was so much fun!

Lately my dad hasn't been feeling very good. I worry abut him everyday and I was wondering what was going on...a couple days ago my mom emailed me to tell me he has a sort of arthritis. Things like this come into your life when you expect it the least...
I think about him everyday and I love him so much. My mom has been trying to understand and support him the best she can, as a good wife.
I send all my energy to my dad and my mom. And god know's that I have a lot. My love and energy will hopefully help him get through this so he can ride his motorcycle again...with me alongside, but instead of snowy roads in Quebec, maybe it could be our first big trip together...in Utah. 
Je taime papa

No comments: