Monday, February 16, 2009

imagination or boredeness...(is that a word?..)

I decided to make icecream. 
I've been gone for almost 3 weeks so I had nothing...well I thought I didn't... I started to look in the pantry and HOP! here's the milk...coconut milk but thats a start...then sugar got that at ALL time and that stuff doesn't go bad EVER! then a can of sweet patatoes...could use that too...and I had eggs from Tim's mom . She picked me up at the airport last night and had a couple of fruits , yogourt, eggs and ...half and half..for me...will use that too. This time I didn't follow any recipes I put the cocomilk , the sweet patatoes and the sugar in a pot with 4 eggs (2 full one's and 2 yolks) then I started to stir...on low heat....for a while...in the mean time I added a little half and half and some cinnamon...hummm...keep stirring...once it was sticking on the back of my wooden spoon I took it off the stove. Let it cool and went to the grocery store...maybe I should've done that before?...Anyway, got home with some dark, milk and white  chocolat and use some of the white to put in the ice cream once I had it go through the machine. Nice. Very nice.  Not as creamy as ice cream with cream and full fat cream with cream on top but pretty close! Ill put that one in the book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome... niot sure about the sweet potatoes though.