Friday, February 6, 2009

Santa Barbara and more...

I could live here.

Today is raining...I'm not sure if i will hit the road on the bike or not...probably not. 
Having breakfast at a little table overlooking...the ocean. Yes, the ocean. 
Lucky you're going to say I know. I thank our friends Rebecca and Stacey for letting Tim and I stay here for a couple of days. Paradise...Sometimes you can see dolphins, whales and pelicans ...its like a painting but in movement.
Over the years I spent a lot of time in this area. I love the freshness of the food in CA, the markets every tuesday evening in the streets and the great little restaurants hiding in the most remote places but soooo good.

A lot of memories too...Tim and I met here so to be back is always a treat.

I am here for 10 days, enjoying the riding, the wine and my husband that has been gone for a couple of weeks for training camp with is new team.
We are happy to be spending time together.

I've been having a good winter so far, but I realised that I could live without it for sure or at least live close to mountains and cross country skiing. Winter in Beverly is not great...I lived in a winter wonderland my whole life and there was little tractor to clean the side walk as soon as the storm was over...just like cleaning the roads...here in Beverly, they do it 3 weeks later, people are suppose to shovel their side walk and DON'T and the sidewalks are like skating rinks...how are you suppose to enjoy walking the dog or going for a run ? Sucks. You shovel your side walk in a town where the snow actually melts...like Boulder. Anyway.

Next on the agenda:

write a story about all the candy stores that I've been to and start swimming...

talk later
lyne





No comments: