Thursday, July 30, 2009

Intermontane challenge...a real challenge!

day 1 : didn't get lost, suffered from the heat big time didn't eat enough and thought that is hell!!
day 2: didn't get lost, suffered from small narrow off camber single track but felt good.
day 3: Didn't get lost, suffered from the heat again, saw some stars on the road climb and got the shivers at 100 degrees ... not good. Stage cancel too many people lost...
day 4: didn't get lost, felt good the first 3 hres then BANG! single track BC style...I walked. Then I said to myself that I had enough. Got in the truck with my awesome mechanic  Chris from Thule. 
day5: didn't get lost, started the TT felt like nothing was working (body wise) , got so hot had to stop and sit for a while, wasn't having fun at all . 
On the plane tomorrow to Boston.. hopefully  I will remember why I decided to do this!

This was the most difficult race I've ever done. 

No comments: