Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New athletic goal..... Qualify for Kona 2010!!


8th of July 2009...
I've been swimming  for about 2 months now. I was never a swimmer. 
I was born on skis and started running when I was 10. And for those who know me Im very focus when I start something so never mind the swimming when I was a runner and even less when I was a professional cyclist!. Now I have to say I really enjoy swimming. 

That whole Ironman Idea came in one day...I bet it was raining...I called one of my best friend and I asked her to help me with this goal. She said yes right away and off we went. 
I had  a very scheduled life for the last ...mmmmm at least 14 years and to not have a goal of some sort was very difficult for me. The cool thing about triathlon is that Im meeting new people that have a passion too but at very different levels and even if Im new to the sport of triathlon I feel that I can help them.

So for the one's that where wondering why I race Fitchburg...well it was the 50th anniversary and I won that thing 4 years in a row. So I was invited. As for how it went...I will have to say great!! No I didn't win or podium ...I got cramps on the circuit race and broke my 2 wheels in the first 5 miles of the road race so really I never got the chance. But you know what? That was perfect. For the first time I wasn't upset or bummed or anything like that. I enjoyed the 3 extra lap with the pro mens that where a little off the back in the road race and had a great TT. As for the crit...I was at the beach! But no really I realized that bike racing is very hard and if you don't train specifically for it its even harder! I 'm starting to see what I achieve all these years and finally being proud of myself. 

I am not a professional bike racer anymore.

I love riding, running in the rain and swimming in the ocean.. I love being fit and pushing myself in different directions to see how far I can go. I love helping others to improve , I love cooking for Tim's teammate or for my friends. I love helping Tara getting back on her feet after having a cute little baby.
I am still an athlete believe me and I love it! Kona here I come!

2 comments:

Saint-Gervais son said...

Lyne,
That sounds like a great challenge to keep you out of trouble! Keep us up to date on your training. Will you be doing some local Tri's to test your fitness?
The other women athletes better watch out!

Bonne chance!

Unknown said...

you go girl!!