Sunday, May 11, 2008

Muddy Moose

                                                                          Tara and me 
                                                                         Matty O 
                                                                The two beauty

I just got back from running a trail race in NH. It was fun. Hard. 14 miles of ups and downs, mud, rocks and nice people.
Last week I asked Tara to do it with me. She's the wife of Tim's good friend Matt. I have only met her twice before but I liked her. Today I was proud of her. She had never ran that long before, she was scared and very nervous.. but she did it. On the drive back there was only the two of us in the truck(Matt as a good cyclist decided to ride back after helping us with the mental preparation!!) and we talked about everything. She made me feel very comfortable and most of all she understand. We are very similar. 
I told her that this was a challenge even for me. Its must suck for the other one to look at me and see that Im not suffering... trust me I do suffer but I hide it pretty well I think . 
There is some times where you can hide it and thats ok but other times you shouldn't, when the suffering come from the inside. Today I didn't suffer. For me thats a +. Yes my legs hurt but not my mind.
Thanks Tara for accepting this challenge for yourself, Matt and the 2 little one's for the cheering along the course and for the beautiful sunshine.




1 comment:

Tara said...

Lyne
Yesterday at Muddy Moose was definitely the most physically challenging thing I have ever done...mentally it was pretty tough too. Sometimes the mental is the hardest to endure. Man did it feel good to finish though. Next year it is on again, but my goal will not only be to not finish last, it will be to run without the mental defeat. Lyne, thank you so much for inviting me, thank you for your open heart and thank you for running me to the finish.